In line with the Information Privacy Act 2009, Squires Plumbing operates according to strict policy guidelines, which covers the privacy of your personal details and business practices. Squires Plumbing complies with the eleven National Privacy Principles contained within the act. Which are:
- Collect personal information in a manner that is fair, lawful and non-intrusive
- Only use or disclose information for the primary purpose for which it was collected
- Ensure personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date
- Protect personal information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
- Have a policy document outlining your information handling practices and make this available to anyone who requests it
- Give an individual access to their personal information you hold when requested to do so
- Inform an individual, upon request of the type of information you hold about them when requested to do so
- Only adopt, use or disclose a Commonwealth Government identifier if particular circumstances apply that would allow you to do so
- Give people the option to transact with you anonymously whenever it is lawful and practical to do so
- Only transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign country if the information will have appropriate protection
- Do not collect sensitive information unless the individual has consented; the collection is required by law; or in other special circumstances
Collection of Your Personal Information
Squires Plumbing needs to collect personal information for the purposes of performing business transactions with you. This information will only be collected with your knowledge and consent, and includes your business name, ABN, business address, and contact information and any service-specific information including technical and business specifications.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
No information collected at Squires Plumbing is transferred or sold to third parties for the use of promotional marketing.
Accuracy and Amendments of Your Personal Information
You can ask to amend any of the information we store about you upon request. Squires Plumbing also requires accurate information from you in order to provide you with the best of our care while being employed with us.
Protection of Your Personal Information
All of our Management Personnel who are required to be exposed to your personal information are required to sign a non-disclosure agreement. All sensitive information, such as bank account details, are stored on a computer system with limited staff access. This computer system is inaccessible from the internet and no sensitive information is stored on servers accessible from the internet. All confidential information is stored behind industry-standard firewalls to protect from unauthorised access. You can request that we do not use the internet to transmit or store this information. Any sensitive information on hardcopy is stored in lockable filing cabinets, and is destroyed when no longer useful.
Access to Your Personal Information
You may at any time request copies of the information we hold about you. We will gladly provide you with all the information we have collected from you.
Transfer of Your Personal Information
Squires Plumbing will occasionally transfer information to third parties for the purposes of providing better employment benefits to you. Third parties such as relevant Government Bodies, Banking Institutions and Insurance Agencies etc may from time to time be provided with certain personal details about you.
Squires Plumbing does not collect any of your personal information without your consent.
Before you commence employment with us you will be required you to provide personal information to us. Your consent is given by signing and returning any agreements and forms containing your personal information
Further Information on Our Commitments to Privacy